So what has been going on this week?
Well, we have been having a bit of a rest ready for reopen and have been pottering about the centre without too many missions to complete if we are honest. A few routes have been set on the new wall in anticipation for the mats (which are expected to arrive on Tuesday eeeek) and the campus board has been mounted in the gym. All being well, we will have the mats completely fitted and carpeted and, a selection of boulder problems set in the new zone for you to play on next week. This is in addition of course to over 60 new routes on the wall you know and love already!
We mentioned in the last blog that we had ordered more holds. After a lot of consideration, we decided to increase the purple selection with some awesome fibreglass macros. Yep, big bad boys of varying types to suit all styles and give you fresh boulder problems to solve. New holds day is right up there with Christmas so, more on that when we get an expected delivery date!
As you know we have literally been counting down the days to opening our doors again. May we remind you that in accordance with the government guidelines the following must be adhered to in the centre.
- Please book your climb time prior to arrival.
- Face masks must be worn at all times unless you are climbing.
- Alcohol gel will be provided in various areas across the centre, please use it.
- Social distancing must be maintained.
- Entrance to the centre and the climbing wall is only permitted if you are alone or with people in your household or support bubble.
We are very much looking forward to ditching these rules and getting back to normality however, we are sure you understand that in order to remain open, we need to follow them for now and keep everyone as safe as possible.